Monday, November 14, 2011

Tortellini Please

Do you ever come home to make dinner at night and think “Oh, well this casserole will be easy!” but then realize that after preparing everything it needs to bake in the oven for another 30 minutes? Well it happens to me all the time. Don’t get me wrong, I love my hotdishes but I need a quick hearty meal every once in a while. So I came up with this Tortellini Casserole.
1 package (19 oz) frozen cheese tortellini

1 package (12 oz) broccoli cuts

1 tablespoon butter                    

¼ cup Italian style bread crumbs

1 chicken breast (cooked and cut up into tiny pieces)

1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce

2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

Boil tortellini as instructed on package. Drain and return to pot and add the alfredo sauce and chicken, keeping it on low heat to heat up the alfredo. Meanwhile, microwave the broccoli cuts as instructed on the package. Add cooked broccoli to alfredo mixture.

In a small skillet melt the butter. Add the bread crumbs and stir them around to coat them. Cook for about 1 minute to brown the breadcrumbs, but stir constantly.

Take out a large serving bowl and empty the entire pot of tortellini into it. Top with the breadcrumbs and then the Parmesan. Serve immediately.


This has been a staple at my house and I never have any complaints. It’s also really easy to throw together if you have some unexpected guests. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Trying this later this week! Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete