Monday, August 29, 2011

Kitchen Lighting


So I’m going to go piece by piece in the kitchen because there is a lot to do to get it where I want to be. The first thing that I wanted to tackle was the lighting. About two days after moving in the light over the kitchen sink just stopped working, and yes, I did try changing the bulb. That means that this whole time I’ve been standing in the dark while doing dishes! The lights that were up before were very basic anyways.
I wanted to add some more character to the room so I’ve been searching for months and nothing had been sparking my interests. Then one day I was wondering around in Menards and noticed how cool outdoor lighting looks. Lightbulb! Who says that outdoor lights have to be outside? Of course I needed to find the best deal so I went to the internet to find the perfect lights that were also in my price range. Ta da!

Next was the chandelier that hangs over the kitchen. Enough said.
I got a tip from my Country Living magazine by building your own by buying the chandelier and lamp shades separately to save some money. I was able to put this together for only $100!
As you can probably already tell I love to find a good deal. That’s part of the fun of updating. The less you spend the more you can update so take the extra time and do your research. It takes a lot of patience but in the long run it is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment