Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Start To An Addiction: Spray Painting


A few months ago my sister was telling me about spray painting and how it’s almost addicting. At the time I didn’t take her seriously. Now I’ve realized she was telling the truth. I bought my first can of spray paint and I am hooked! Everything in my house, other peoples’ houses, things at garage sales, anything, I think about spray painting it. It transforms things so quickly how can you not be addicted? So here comes the story of a bathroom clock...
When I was first initially starting thinking about getting a clock in the bathroom images like this came up. I definitely wasn’t going to go this route. Is it weird having a clock in the bathroom? How are you supposed to know if you have time in the morning to curl your hair or just throw in some gel in and run out the door?  I had all but given up when the clouds parted and I found this!
This clock was at a super cute shop in Zimmerman, MN called Ramshackled Treasures. I thought this worked perfect to sit right on the counter. The problem was the color of the clock just isn’t doing it for me. It almost looks like some sort of animal print. Off to Michael's I went to get some spray paint and I couldn’t believe all the different kinds they have. I decided on silver because that is the color of my towels rods and some other fixtures.
Pretty bright! I almost felt like I just painted a car part or something. Maybe I am just overreacting. So I brought it inside and figured that I just needed it to grow on me. 
Nope, I can’t stand it. It is so out of place! Off to the hardware store I went to see if they had anything that would work.
 Espresso! That’s the color of our toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. What have I got to lose?
I love it! There’s no waiting around to see if it grows on me for this one. This color is here to stay. I like it so much that I’ve been eyeing an ugly hunter green lamp this week that may be getting the same treatment. Maybe me and my sister can have a spray painting party so we can work out our addictions together!

No comments:

Post a Comment