Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bathroom Update: Tub & Shower

I'm so excited to share our most recent update to our bathroom. Yes, this remodel is going to happen in steps but my goal is to have it all done by Christmas. Sounds like a reasonable expectation to me. If you remember from my earlier post 10 Thing I Hate About My Bathroom I had some bad things to say about our tub and shower. Everything from the color, to the shower mechanics, to the fact it leaked into our laundry room every time we took a shower made this one of my least favorite parts of the room.


Notice that their also wasn't much for storage space. Yeah, I know there's only the two of us, but some of us need alot of products in the shower, don't judge. If you look closely you can see that we needed a plug to take a bath. For some reason the plug in the tub never quite worked right from the time we moved in.

The most important thing to me was to be certain that whichever new tub we put in would be deep enough. That's all! We went back and forth between getting a regular store bought shower surround or doing tile. Finally we spotted a really nice looking shower and tub combo at Menards for half the price as one we had our eye on at Home Depot. Less work and less money... We'll take it!


Ahhhh, I could look at this all day. You wouldn't believe what goes into putting in a new tub and shower. Because the tub is wider and it was deeper all of the plumbing had to be adjusted. On top of that we had to redo the sheetrock all the way around the shower to build it back in. I didn't even think of that.


I am so grateful for my dad and Ryan for working there butts off this weekend to get this in. I did the priming, painting, and cleaning after the fact so don't give me much credit.


We've still got a long way to go in the bathroom but this was a huge part of it. What's next on the list? We're waiting for our new vanity to be delivered. Another built-in fiasco!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, this could be the best blog I ever visited this month. Never stop to write something useful dude!.
    Bathroom Remodeling Arlington VA

    ReplyDelete