Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fancy Full Length Mirror

I've never thought of myself as someone who doesn't finish projects they start. Now looking around my house I am starting to notice a ton of little things that I started and without finishing on moved onto something else. So disappointed in myself! Since my next big thing that I want to start is my bathroom I've promised myself that I will finish all the things I started first. Today is the full length mirror project that I started last fall. My parents game me this mirror that they didn't have a use for anymore.


If there's one thing I hate its oak. It is just so 1991. No thanks. It is a nice mirror though so I figured some spray paint would pretty it up fast.


So just alittle bit of prepping and I spray painted the crap out of it.


Pretty easy project. I had Ryan screw it up on the wall in our bedroom and it was good to go. Or so I thought. After the screws went in and made some unsightly holes I had to patch those up. Plus, the white spray paint I used made it more gray looking rather than the nice creamy white I have on all the trim and doors in the house. Weird, time to get out Behr Creamy White again. I swear I lost count on the gallons that we've bought since we moved in.


Using a tiny brush I was able to get all the details painted nice and pretty. An hour later we've got a finished project!


I know it probably doesn't look like much of a difference but it really did alot.


Cheers to another project finished!

1 comment:

  1. i love this mirror so much better in white than it was before. way to go!:)

    ReplyDelete