Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Blank Wall

As long as me and Ryan have lived together, about seven years, we have never had anything above our master bed. This really wasn't by choice, it was just my inability to choose something to put there. Whatever came my way was either too big, too small, too expensive, or too cheap looking. I swear I don't have commitment issues.


Even after moving into a different house you would think I could make up my mind. Well, we've been here for almost two years and I finally figured it out. For once I didn't come up with the idea from Pinterest, I thought of it all on my own. I LOVE oval frames so I knew I wanted to use those in one of the most important spots in the house. I found an amazing deal on Walmart.com on 8 x 10 matted frames, 2 for $20! Plus, if you get them shipped to the store you don't have to pay for shipping.


I was so excited to bring the home. I had already ordered my photos from Shutterfly and they were ready and waiting to be put into a frame. I chose some artistic photos taken at our wedding. It seemed quite fitting if you ask me.


When I opened the packages when I got home I just wasn't very excited anymore. The white mat just didn't seem to go with our bedrooms red and cherry wood theme. Mmmmm... That was a thinker.  Then I remembered the my favorite thing to do. Spray paint!


To be totally honest, I don't really care what brand of spray paint I use. I never have had any issues with any kind and Valspar was the cheapest at my hardware store. I chose the Royal Garnet color in Satin because that was the closest I could get to matching our comforter. Spray paint just doesn't have the variety as other paint for the home. We make due. I got to work.


Easy! It only took an hour to dry and then I put my frames together. I couldn't believe how fast I got these completed and up on the wall.


I'm kind of glad I waited to decide now just because we were able to make it special and really personal.


The other thing I like about it is it doesn't scream wedding. We can leave these up for years and not feel like we're sleeping under a wedding shrine.


I've got other artwork projects in the works, just waiting for UPS to deliver the goods. My patience is always being tested.



No comments:

Post a Comment