Thursday, July 5, 2012

Whitefish Challenge

For our one year anniversary we went to Bayfield, WI. It was sort of a honeymoon too since we decided to remodel our kitchen instead of going on a honeymoon after our wedding. We stayed at The Harbor's Edge Motel right across the street from the Ferry.


We even spent a day over on Madeline Island. It was such a great time, we cannot wait to go back and make a camping trip out of it next time. Partly because we got to experience Tom's Burned Down Cafe. Words that describe this bar: junk, tarps, dogs, fires, hippies, etc.


Ryan was super excited to go there. He left me in the dust!


What? You've never seen an 80 year old woman getting her face painted at an outdoor bar?

We only stayed in Bayfield for a weekend but on our way out of town we stopped at a fish market and picked up some Whitefish. I'm not sure was I was really thinking. I don't know much about cooking fish but I guess practice makes perfect.


Lately I've been obsessed with a blog called Gina's Skinny Recipes and I came acrossed a recipe for flounder. I figured Whitefish would work just as well!



Ok, so mine doesn't look quite as nice but I don't care. It was the most amazing fish I've ever tasted!


I served it with homemade sweet potato fries and some aspargus spears. I was expecting to make a gourmet meal tonight but it was super easy. I can't wait to try out more of Gina's recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment