Sunday, July 29, 2012

Let's Get Some Artwork Up!

I have a closet full off stuff that is just waiting to be used somewhere in the house, I just have to decide where to put it first. One item that has been eating at me is a rather large piece of artwork that had a perfect spot in our last house, but is struggling in this house.


The painting is very subtle and can be a great compliment to many rooms but the frame is less than desirable. That's probably why I was able to get this on clearance for $25 years ago. Time to get out the spray paint again. And what do ya know, I already had a can of espresso colored spray paint from when I painted that clock last year.


It was no question that we had to put this in our bedroom. I love hanging photos but I also felt that one nice piece of artwork would bring everything together. Plus, there are tiny hints of red in the painting so that is what really sold me.

Now I'm really motivated and noticed a few other picture frames that I bought at Ikea a few months ago. The intention was to put a photo collage on a shelf we received as a hand me down from Ryan's parents.  This was my plan.


That meant I needed to take another trip to Ikea to purchase all matching ones. If you've ever bought frames at Ikea you know that the mat sizes are less than user friendly. No one develops photos at that size so if took some time to find a website that would develop then atleast somewhat close to what I needed. I checked out Walmart, Ritz, and Shutterfly with no luck. Snapfish came up in my search and had what I needed. Yay!


I got it pretty close to the picture if you ask me! I'm still playing around with them alittle but all and all I'm very happy. Plus, the photo quality from Snapfish was amazing. Definitely using them again.


Photos really make a house feel more like a home. I can't believe we went so long without these.


Two more projects checked off the unfinished list!

No comments:

Post a Comment