Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sprucing Up Another Garage

I never thought I would be so excited about garages before but I've been having a ball with it this summer. First I focused on our main three car garage back in the spring so now I have been working on our garage in the back.


This garage comes in really handy for storing our boat and random pieces of furniture that I don't want to part with but don't quite know what to do with it yet. It also will be a great spot to store all of my gardening supplies for when we have our vegetable garden. Just to the left of the garage is the spot for the garden. It needs some work.


I decided that I wanted to the garage to stay with the same color scheme as the house and other garage but also keep some personality.  I came acrossed this photo of a black garage door and I was sold. Black it is!


The old light fixture was not doing it for me. Not only was it plain and boring, but it was also rusty and staining the white siding below (still working on scrubbing it off!) I had an extra exterior light fixture from the set I bought when we replaced the lights on the house so there was no question that this is where we would put it.



Then the subject of the service door came up. Do I leave it gray? Do I paint it black to match the garage door? Do I paint it burgundy to match the soffit and facet?


So I emailed a picture of the half finished project to a bunch of people at work and it was unanimous. Paint the door black to match! And that's just what I did.


So crisp and clean! The only thing left to really finish this project is to replace the concrete apron around the front. Sounds like the perfect job for Ryan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment