Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rock On!

I had a quick fun project this weekend that I've wanted to get to for a few months now. Does anyone else have a well cover right in the front of their house? They are so hideous and I'm sure theirs a reasoon for the location of the well, but it can be a pain to hide. This is what mine looked like.


It's just what I want people to see when they come over. Great first impression. There seems to be some hostas trying to grow along with some weeds?


Cute. So I set off to Menards and got myself a fake rock that is made to cover unsightly things in your yard. On top of that I needed some new plants. The lame hostas weren't working out and nothing is more obvious than random fake rock in someone's yard. I wanted to get some perennials that would make it seem like more of a natural feature. Menards didn't have crap when it came to perennials so I caved and went to Mickman Brothers. Boy was I happy I went there. Way better than anything I've ever seen at Menards!


The Foamflower's are only supposed to grow 12 inches and the Sweet Woodruff's get to be 9 inches. Percisely the size I need for this small area.


What a difference! By next year these will be look so perfect!


I LOVE perennials and the different varieties out there.  Don't feel like you need to settle for the basics all of the time. I tend to gravitate towards a variets of different plants that will set my gardens apart from the rest. But don't expect me to remember the plants' names, all I know as that they are pretty. Isn't that all that matters?

1 comment: