Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Bathroom Vision

After spending two years and hundreds of hours on Pinterest I have finally compiled all of my inspiration for the bathroom remodel. If you read my post 10 Things I Hate About My Bathroom you would have some background for where these ideas are coming from.

The floor.


This beautiful floor came from for the love of a house blog. I love the classic look of the 2 inch hexagon tile and the gray. Oh the gray. Now if I can just find similar tile closer to my budget.

Lighting.


We have a ceiling light above our sink which is not very common for bathrooms. I found this one at Lowes. Not sure if it will be the best because it only has one bulb and I already think its too dark in there, but if I can find something similar but bigger it would be perfect!

Vanity Top.


Ok, I already bought my vanity top last Black Friday so its sitting down in my basement. This is pretty similar to that one, found on A Country Farmhouse, but maybe alittle darker. Just wanted to give you an idea of what we're working with.

Faucet.

I'm dying for a new faucet so I have to put this on here. A leaky faucet can drive a sane person to the nut house. This one is from Lowes, has a decent price with pretty good reviews.

Backsplash.



As much as I like tile I wanted to make sure to add some beadboard into this project. Our vanity built in and I'd like to have the back backsplash be an entire wall of beadboard. This is a pretty good example I found from House of Turquoise.

Vanity.


I'm planning on refinishing our existing vanity. I love the color of this vanity from DecorPad, so I just need to figure out how to get this look without having to put in too much work. Thinking gel stain...

Shower.


At first I was just going to get the same ol' fiberglass shower surround but I've decided that we need tile. If I can find a tile close to this shower from Houzz or even a white tile I will be happy. If we're doing a remodel we should atleast put in that extra effort.

There are a ton of other details that are going to need to go into this but you get the jist. Now I have to consult with Ryan to make sure we're still on the same page and I can really start shopping around. This has drug on long enough so it's on the calendar to rip that shower and tub out come October!

1 comment:

  1. Get that vanity top out of your sun room! We have the same facet from Lowe's and like it:)

    ReplyDelete