Sunday, August 12, 2012

Shutters That Made Me Shudder

Sometime last week I was sitting there at work and I thought to myself, "I need to paint my shutters". Where that came from I don't know but it stuck and I knew if I didn't start I would drive myself crazy. I didn't know a thing about painting shutters (mine are vinyl) so I wanted to make sure I did it right. After doing some research online I came to the conclusion that I needed exterior acrylic latex paint. Weird, that's what I already had at home from painting all of my doors. Yes, you guessed, I wanted to paint my shutters black. This is the last thing that I need to do to really pull everything together.


Here are the burgundy/maroon shutters. The gutters and soffits also match so at first I wasn't sure if it would work to change the shutters, but then I realized that black would actually compliment them so I wasn't worried at all. So last Friday we took them all down, all 14!


Boy did it look plain without the shutters. It's amazing how much of a difference they make to the house. After cleaning off a bunch of wasp nests and frog poop I got to work on painting them all. It was absolutely exhausting and very discouraging when I realized I needed to do a second coat. Ugh. It's ok though because it was totally worth it.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.


I love how it matches the black hardware on the garage.


See the burgundy, it actually goes together pretty nice if you ask me. There are just a few things on my to do list for the front of the house and this place is going to look brand spankin new!

No comments:

Post a Comment